8 Points of Consideration Whilst Reviewing this 1948 publicity still of Jane Greer:
- What’s the oddly-placed tassel all about? Does she inflate when you pull it?
- Why is she waving the sunglasses around instead of wearing them? Did no one explain to her how they worked?
- What is the symbolism of the tiger fish swimming through flames on the garment barely covering her crotch?
- Why are her legs crossed? This is Hollywood, right?
- Who would wear those clunky-ass shoes in 1948? Those won’t be in style for another three decades.
- Who built that crappy chimney? Somebody who doesn’t own a level? It surely can’t be up to code.
- What is she looking at? The admirable career she might have had if she hadn’t decided to do cheesecake in the skies?
- What the hell is she doing on the roof?